Custom Application Development
Marietta Systems develops
custom applications under fixed price contracts. We deliver the
custom application source code, and the customer can
subsequently assume responsibility for future modifications and
enhancements to the application. We do not provide source code
on our own applications, tools, and API sets.
Typically the bidding and development process is as follows:
- We receive a summary requirements definition.
- We review the requirements and may seek
clarifications and additional information before responding.
- If the project is estimated to exceed 5 - 6 weeks in duration, we will switch into
incremental development mode. The overall project will be split
into a series of 3 - 5 week stages. Each stage will be specified, bid and
completed in sequence. As the multi-stage project proceeds, the client has the
opportunity to revise the overall project goals and implement progressive
improvements on prior stages.
- We provide a firm price quotation for writing a detailed specification
and a provisional quotation for developing the software.
If requested, we provide quotations for development of a user manual,
and for other implementation
- After approval to proceed, we create the detailed specification in our normal format.
- After delivery, review and approval of the specification, we may adjust
our quotation for the software development.
This adjusted quotation then becomes firm.
- After approval to proceed, we place the
development under change control, when all changes to the
design are reviewed and, if non-trivial, are quoted and must
be authorized before being implemented.
- The programming is completed and the software tested in-house by
Marietta Systems before delivery.
- When the first complete delivery is made, the software is placed
under S.E.R. control and all actual or suspected software
errors must be reported and described by Fax or e-mail to
ensure each is properly addressed. Subsequent software
deliveries incorporate both approved changes and repairs to
resolve reported errors. Errors are repaired at no charge
until the software warranty expires.
Marietta Systems, Inc provides a software warranty for 12
months from the first complete delivery of the software.
During this warranty period we promptly repair any properly
documented errors in the software, at no charge. Errors must be
reported by Fax or e-mail. This warranty applies to custom
development, to our API sets and to our pre-built applications.
Note that we provide a 12 month warranty from first complete
delivery, not a 90 day warranty from acceptance. OUR SOLE
RESPONSIBILITY IS TO REPAIR ERRORS IN OUR SOFTWARE. WE EXPECT
THE CUSTOMER TO THOROUGHLY TEST THE SOFTWARE BEFORE USE.
Extended warranties are available at an annual charge
of 20% of the software development and license fees.